About Our School
Our School Day Please click here for our daily timetable. Clubs run at lunchtimes. New clubs are introduced frequently - currently they include French, Books, Art & Craft, Games and making Pop Up Books.
St Mary’s is a small thriving Church of England (Aided) School set in an idyllic location on the edge of the village of Frensham.
With only 3 classes, aged between 4 and 7, St Mary's provides children with a wonderful introduction to school life, and has built an excellent reputation over its 170 year history.
St Mary's embraces change, combining modern facilities and teaching whilst at the same time retaining traditional values.
As a feeder to two popular junior schools- Waverley Abbey and South Farnham - St Mary's attracts applications from far and wide.
What makes St Mary's so special?
- Lovely rural heathland setting - the school is set on the Frensham village green, adjacent to Frensham Common which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest, due to the variety of rare and endangered wildlife that thrives on the heath. We are also close to both Alice Holt Forest and Frensham Ponds.
- Church School with Christian Values - the school has strong links with the village community and St Mary's Church, which is a short walk away. Our six school values - Respect, Loving & Giving, Forgiveness, Fairness, Honesty and Humility - are at the heart of everything we do.
- Small and Friendly - with a teacher and full-time teaching assistant in each class, children receive excellent individual attention. Small pupil numbers means that all the staff know all the children, and all the children know each other, creating a real family atmosphere, and providing the children with a lovely introduction to school life. At St Mary's, children settle and make friends quickly allowing them to grow in confidence and reach their full potential.
- Popular feeder school - St Mary's is a feeder school to both Waverley Abbey and South Farnham, two popular local junior schools.
- Events, trips, clubs and activities - we say that 'Learning is fun at St Mary's' and it certainly is! Annual school events include Maypole dancing, Easter egg rolling and a hunt on Frensham Common, Sports Day, a summer show, Frensham Carnival and the Christmas Nativity. There are regular outings to Frensham Common, nearby Frensham Ponds and Alice Holt Forest. Clubs include French, chess, football and choir. Every child also spends an hour a week on the school field with coaches from Chelsea Football Club, as well as weekly basketball training from a professional coach. Our regular visitors also include Isla the black Labrador (as part of the Reading with Dogs scheme) and visitors and helpers from our regular community. We provide access to both Before and After School Clubs.
- Excellent facilities - we have top drawer school facilities including a superb playground, our own school field, school hall with gymnastic apparatus, library and on-site kitchen. Each classroom has an interactive whiteboard, desktop computers and access to over 30 touch screen Chromebooks as well as Nexus tablets for small group work.
- Continuous improvement - we are always looking to make improvements to benefit the children. Major refurbishment works to our playground and toilets in 2014/5, new windows and doors in 2015/16 have been followed by the provision of a new library and kitchen in 2016/17. We were also successful in obtaining funding from Sport England for a new spots zone in the playground. Our next project is a new 'library garden' where the children can read, grow vegetables, hunt for mini beasts and enjoy a sensory experience. Regular changes are made to the curriculum to keep it stimulating and engaging.
- Parents - we're keen to involve parents in the school as much as possible. Volunteers regularly help with reading and clubs, and accompany us on visits. Our vibrant parents' association, FOSMS (Friends of St Mary's School) organise events such as quizzes, curry nights, race nights and the annual Autumn Fair both to raise extra funds for the school and for parents to get to know each other.
|School Address||St Mary’s Church of England (Aided) Infant School
Frensham Road, Frensham, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 3DS
|Telephone Number||01252 792406|
|Fax Number||01252 795407|
|Headteacher||Mrs Jennifer Downing|
|Chair of Governors||Mr Mark Mulberry|
|Pupils on roll||90|
|Times of School Day||
8.55am to 3.05pm, (lunch 12.00noon to 1.00pm).
The gates are open from 8.40am.
|Education Area||South West Surrey|
School Travel Plan
Our School Travel Plan can be found by clicking the link: St Mary's Travel Plan
St Mary's School is a member of the Fearnhamme Confederation which comprises of twelve local schools. Please click the link for: Information about the Fearnhamme Confederation