Values & Aims
St Mary's Ethos
Our mission statement and school aims embody our aspirations for our pupils
St Mary's Mission Statement
- Learning is fun at St Mary’s
Excellent education in a caring environment
St Mary's Aims
At St Mary’s School, representatives of the school community participate in reviewing and developing the school’s aims during their annual School Development Planning morning.
These shared aims ensure that we are all working towards the same, clearly defined goals. When we know what we want to achieve it is easier to plan for success.
Aims are long term goals based on the school’s values and philosophy that inform all other short term or minor goals. Our aims are what we value most.
- At St Mary’s School we aim to light and fuel a spark that will motivate children towards a desire for life long learning. This will be provided through a stimulating curriculum, the building of confidence and self-esteem, encouragement and the celebration of achievement.
- As a Church school we aim to nurture the development of the whole child, promoting citizenship and moral values in a Christian environment.
- We will encourage all children to achieve their full potential: intellectually, socially and physically, in a happy, caring, healthy and safe environment. We aim to give children an excellent education that will provide a firm foundation for their future learning.
- We value and respect the role of all contributors to the school community including parents and carers as educators of their own children. We seek to develop a strong partnership between home, school and the wider community.
- At St Mary’s School we seek to maintain a vibrant, happy school where the whole school community work together to achieve these aims.
We know that we have a responsibility to prepare our children for life in modern Britain. This means teaching them about the law, democracy, tolerance of different faiths and beliefs, respect and the rights of an individual. We teach these across all areas of our curriculum, though the main vehicle for these is our PSHE and RE curriculum. As a church school with Christian values at the heart of its ethos, children and staff are experienced at embracing differences and do so with respect. To read a full statement about British Values at St Mary's School please click here.
St Mary's Values
As a church school we believe it is important to uphold the values God taught us in the Bible.
Our six school values were suggested and agreed by the children of St Marys. They represent those things that the children think are particularly important to hold dear.
Loving and Giving